General practice and primary health care offer of support
We have set up a register of GPs, practice nurses, practice managers, administration staff and other primary health care providers willing to assist in an emergency / disaster situation. Those wanting to provide support would be contacted in the event of a disaster to provide assistance at a designated general practice.
In all emergency / disaster situations it is acknowledged that general practice staff are often members of the same community and can therefore be impacted at a personal level by the disaster. Expressed availability is therefore voluntary and continually assessed throughout the emergency / disaster situation.
- Organisations / practices: if you have the capacity to provide additional support to fire affected regions, whether in person or remotely, let us know what you can offer and the time period available.
- General practitioners: act as a locum working in the place of the regular physician, on a short or longer term basis as advised by the person offering support.
- Practice nurses: provide medical support for people, on an as-needs basis and in line with scope of practice.
- Practice managers / administration staff: provide admin support to coordinate people attending the practice.
- Other health professionals: provide support for people, on an as-needs basis and in line with scope of practice.
I’m interested in offering support, what next?
- complete the online form below
- if your assistance is required, you may be contacted by the PHN to coordinate your support efforts
- once at the general practice, further direction will be provided.