Drug and alcohol services (Illawarra Shoalhaven)

headspace (Wollongong and Nowra– One-stop-shop supporting young people with mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drugs, work or study issues.

Illawarra Drug and Alcohol Service (IDAS)  Call 1300 652 226 for services in Wollongong and Nowra or visit the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District website. IDAS offers a range of treatment and support services for people problems related to alcohol and other drug use. Treatment options include withdrawal management, counselling, groups programs and MERIT program for more information call or visit.

Kedesh Rehabilitation (Unanderra) Call (02) 4222 1800 or visit kedesh.com.auTreatment options available include: residential rehabilitation, day rehabilitation program and aftercare services.

Oolong House (Nowra) – Call (02) 4422 0644 for information on alcohol and other drug (AOD) residential treatment for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal men.

Salvation Army First Floor Program (Illawarra region) – Call (02) 4229 1079 or visit firstfloorprogram.org.au. The service offers counselling, support groups and programs to equip individuals and families with the skills to address substance use and / or mental health issues.

South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation (Nowra and Jervis Bay) – Call 1800 215 099. The Substance Use program provides support and advocacy through case management, counselling, group programs and smoking cessation support.

Triple Care Farm (Robertson) – Call (02) 4885 1265 or visit the website. Mission Australia's withdrawal and residential rehabilitation for young people 16-24 years. 

Waminda South Coast Women’s Health & Wellbeing Aboriginal Corporation (Nowra) – Call (02) 4421 7400 for case management advice.

Watershed (Berkeley) – Call 1800 818 872 or visit watershed.org.au. Treatment options available including: withdrawal management, residential rehabilitation, non-residential day rehabilitation and transitional living program.

Drug and alcohol treatment services are a key priority for COORDINARE. Find out more on our Drug and alcohol health priority page.

If you are concerned about your own or someone else’s alcohol or other drug use, contact the National Alcohol and Other Drug Hotline on 1800 250 015 or visit drughelp.gov.au.