Celebrating National Reconciliation Week 2020: In This Together
This year, National Reconciliation Week (27 May – 3 June) will be celebrated virtually. The 2020 theme is 'In This Together'.
'In This Together' reminds us that during times of crisis, it's more important than ever to prioritise reconciliation and ensure that respectful relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are at the heart of all that we do – as individuals, families, communities, organisations, and as a nation.
Ways to get involved
Reconciliation Australia has brainstormed some great ways for community members and organisations to get involved in National Reconciliation Week, including a handy list of 20 ways you can be in this together in 2020.
A couple of suggestions from the list include:
- take part in the National Acknowledgement of Country: to launch National Reconciliation Week, Reconciliation Australia is asking everyone to take to social media to acknowledge Country from 12pm, Wednesday 27 May
- watch the panel discussion about the 2000 bridge walks for reconciliation via Facebook live on the Reconciliation Australia Facebook page from 12pm – 1pm, Thursday 28 May
- show us your bridge walk photo! Were you on a walk for reconciliation in the year 2000 anywhere in Australia? Add your photo and story about your reconciliation bridge walk to social media on the anniversary of the Sydney bridge walk, Thursday 28 May with the hashtags #NRW2020 and #InThisTogether2020
- tune in for In Concert Together: Reconciliation Australia and ABC bring you Busby Marou, Alice Skye, and Jimblah in concert, hosted by Christine Anu on her National Evenings show on ABC Radio AND via Facebook live on the Reconciliation Australia Facebook page from 9pm – 10pm, Friday 29 May
- hire a film for online watching from Reconciliation Film Club.
For more information about National Reconciliation Week and ways to get involved, please visit nrw.reconciliation.org.au.