Expression of Interest: Scholarship - 2019 Patient Experience Symposium
Calling innovative general practice GPs and practice nurses!
It is widely recognised that future health reforms focus increasingly on patient experience of care. COORDINARE is committed to providing general practices with the tools and the opportunities to stay ahead of these changes.
COORDINARE is inviting interested GPs and practice nurses to partner with a practice patient representative of your choice - and nominate for a limited number of shared scholarships to attend the 2019 Patient Experience Symposium in Sydney.
To be considered please follow these three simple steps:
- identify a practice patient representative / consumer champion
- complete the online EOI outlining your interest in partnering for improvement
- submit online expression of interest (EOI) before 22 February, 2019.
Two days of stimulating presentations – informative, inspiring, insightful and practical ways to consider the way we work- challenging the way we engage and showing us what is possible.
Have a look at the program.
The scholarship will cover:
- registration fees – including one clinician and one patient representative per practice
- approved travel costs - per km including parking / or return airfares and transfers
- accommodation (2 nights) for each person with breakfast included in nominated conference hotel
- meal allowances per person.
How to submit your EOI
To apply for a scholarship, interested clinicians will need to complete a simple EOI. We recommend you speak with your Health Coordination Consultant in preparing your application. EOIs will be reviewed by an internal selection panel and successful applicants notified by the end of February 2019.
Applications will be assessed against your response to the following questions.
You will be required to briefly:
- outline how you think understanding patient experience of care can contribute to improved quality of care in your practice
- suggest how you may communicate key messages within your practice team after the symposium.
- must be an accredited general practice within the South Eastern NSW Primary Health Network catchment
- application must be submitted by 5pm on February 22 2019.
Successful scholarship recipients agree to:
- provide a brief presentation to COORDINARE’s Community Advisory Committee in order to share key take home messages – both from a clinician and a consumer perspective
- participate in an interview for the purpose of informing a publication of the experience.
(Reimbursement for post symposium activities will be paid under COORDINARE’s paid participation policy.)