Osteoporosis Refracture Prevention Service
The Osteoporosis Refracture Prevention Service at Port Kembla Hospital provides services for patients located between Helensburgh and North Durras. Eligible patients must be 50 years or older with a minimal trauma fracture. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients must be 40 years or older with a minimal trauma fracture.
The service provides:
- dexa bone mineral density scanning (have ceiling hoist for wheelchair bound patients to access)
- education OP risk factors and falls
- review by specialist doctor
- development of a personalised management plan
- referrals to other services as required.
Visit Illawarra Shoalhaven HealthPathways for more information and referrals.