Claiming and compliance under the Medicare Benefits Schedule
GPs working in both privately owned and corporate practices wanted, to participate in PhD research interviews on the topic of Medicare claiming and compliance entitled 'Claiming and compliance under the Medicare Benefits Schedule: A critical examination of medical practitioner experiences, perceptions, attitudes and knowledge'.
The study aims can be summarised as follows:
- to provide the first critical examination of the experiences and perceptions of medical practitioners as they interact with Medicare and claim MBS reimbursements
- to identify perceived barriers to compliance
- to explore possible solutions to problems and deficiencies identified by participants.
Themes to be explored include:
- what are the experiences, perceptions, attitudes and knowledge of medical practitioners in relation to their claiming and compliance obligations under the MBS?
- how do medical practitioners manage, research and investigate their MBS claiming and compliance obligations?
- where do medical practitioners access support and advice in relation to their Medicare claiming and compliance obligations and how do they rate the quality of that support and advice?
- do medical practitioners feel pressured to claim? If so, what is that nature of this pressure and how do they manage it on a day to day basis?