Fostering quality in general practice
Practices can choose from quality initiatives that range from practical self-assessment checklists through to whole-of-practice review. Support for practice quality improvement targets five domains:
Quality improvement tools and resources
Our quality improvement (QI) tools and resources will assist you to improve practice workflow processes, use technology and patient data more effectively, make improvements in the delivery of care, and improve patient participation in their care.
There are useful one page QI recipes to assist your practice support enhance patient care. These include:
- COVID-19 chronic disease management QI recipe
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander QI recipe
- alcohol intake QI recipe
- patients with cardiac conditions QI recipe
- patients with chronic kidney disease QI recipe
- patients with diabetes QI recipe
- patients with multiple chronic conditions QI recipe
- vaccination management QI recipe
- patients on multiple medications QI recipe
- patients with asthma QI recipe
- patients with COPD QI recipe
- healthy ageing QI recipe.
There are useful models of care, case studies and video vignettes available to help your practice progress towards a Patient Centred Medical Home.
Provides useful tools and a plan to help practices review their immunisation quality and safety. For further support contact your Health Coordination Consultant, or call COORDINARE on 1300 069 002.
We have developed a new quality improvement toolkit, Living with COVID in the community, which supports general practice to review practice systems in the context of COVID-19 being the new normal and implementing improvements to ensure practices are best placed to provide patients with the right care, at the right time.
The toolkit focuses on four patient management activities including:
- at-risk patients
- managing COVID-19-positive patients and prescribing antiviral therapies
- follow-up of patients after COVID-19 infection
- identification and management of patients with Post COVID-19 or Long COVID.
Provides useful tools and a plan to help practices review their cancer screening quality and safety. For further support contact your Health Coordination Consultant, or call COORDINARE on 1300 069 002.
We established 12 GP Clusters to improve engagement with GPs across the region. They are a great way to network with peers, access continuing professional development and have your input into designing systems and pathways that are efficient and easy to use.
The cluster meetings are resourced by the GP Cluster Leader, a local GP paid to plan and facilitate the activities for their particular cluster. The GP Cluster Leader is also a member of the Clinical Council which advises the Board of COORDINARE.
We developed a series of webinars and practical tools with University of New England (UNE) Partnerships, to provide general practice with foundation skills and knowledge to write effective tenders and submissions.
The webinars are available at the following links: