Alcohol and other drug concerns can happen to anyone, at any stage of life
These concerns can have a significant impact upon a person's behaviour, physical and mental health, self-esteem, relationships, home and work life.
If you or someone you know needs support for your / their alcohol and other drug habits, reach out:
Find more information about alcohol and other drugs support
- visit the Drug Help website to find different resources
- visit the Your Room website to get facts about alcohol and other drugs
- information on reducing risky alcohol consumption
- find out about the use of take-home naloxone on the Overdose Lifesavers website
- to access naloxone without a prescription, find your local registered pharmacy.
- call the National Alcohol and Other Drug Hotline on 1800 250 015
- call the Get Healthy NSW phone coaching service on 1300 806 258
- call Peerline: a free, confidential, peer-supported service for people who use drugs on 1800 644 413.
Find local support services
We commission services in the region to support people with alcohol and other drug-related issues. There are also national or state-wide helplines available, follow the link below to search for a service.
If you can't find a service you need, or to search other health care services in your local area, visit HealthDirect.